Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Introductory Post: About me

Who am I?
My name is Crystal Jordan.  I am a rank-four third-year at The Ohio State University, and I am studying strategic communication and pursuing a minor in professional writing. This is the first post of my new blog, which will be dedicated to the field of strategic communication.  I have an especially strong curiosity for persuasive communication and the use of communication in order to market a product or idea.

My Career Interest Background

I decided to purse a bachelor’s degree in strategic communication, because I realized in high school that I had a strong interest in advertisements, specifically the science behind the production of advertisements.  My dream job is one that includes me writing and designing advertisements for fashion and/or lifestyle products, whether the medium is print, commercials or web.  When I first enrolled at Ohio State, I was pre-business with a specialization in marketing, thinking that marketing and advertising would go hand in hand.  After taking a few prerequisites for the major, I was directed toward the strategic communication major.  I took a course about the principles of strategic communication and was immediately engaged to the field since then.
The way in which we as a society use media to communicate a message to mass audiences has always been the root of my interest in the field of communication.  I am always curious about changes and advancements with media and technology, especially in relation to advertisements and marketing.
Thanks for reading my first post!  I am looking forward to writing more soon.

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment