 |
twittweb.com
|
This past Monday, I participated in a Twitter chat called #InternPro. This was my third Twitter chat, and like the others, I found it to be very interesting and enjoyable. This Twitter chat is meant for professionals, both entry-level and experienced, to chat with each other about the steps and strategies that come with obtaining a professional career. It is put on by an organization called YouTern, whose goal is to connect young talent with internships and mentor opportunities. The Twitter chat happens every Monday evening under the same hashtag, #InternPro.
 |
twitter.com
|
Each week, the #InternPro Twitter chat covers a different topic relating to successfully finding careers. This week, the topic was "Selling Your Experience to Recruiters: Jobs, Internships and Volunteering." The Twitter chat began with introductions (name, location and most unusual work experience). A couple minutes later, the questions began. About every five minutes, the moderator, @YouTern would ask a situational question about applying for employment opportunities or communicating with a recruiter. Then, everyone participating in the chat would respond with their opinion on the situation, and respond to each others' responses to the questions.
The questions ranged from selling your "unrelated" work experiences to recruiters to the way that recruiters view your changes in professional focus. I found it interesting to mentally put myself in each of the situations presented by the moderator's discussion questions, share my opinions and read opinions of other Twitter users participating in the chat. Overall, I enjoyed the #InternPro Twitter chat, and I plan to attend again in the future.
You can find more information about YouTern at their website
here, or by following them on
their Twitter page.
Have you ever attended a Twitter chat? If so, what did you think about it? If not, would you consider participating in one? Leave a comment below.
No comments:
Post a Comment