Saturday, October 20, 2012

Obama and Will.i.am visit the Oval


On Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012, Barack Obama visited The Ohio State University while on a presidential campaign.  The well-known music artist Will.i.am accompanied him.  The event was outdoors in the Oval, the center of the Ohio State campus.  It was sponsored by Obama for America Ohio.  To find out more about the organization, visit their website here.  I attended the event, and while there, I planned to tweet actively about my experiences at the event.  However, the event was extremely crowded and my usually great mobile phone service was not working.  I posted the tweets as soon as I got home.
            The doors for the event opened at 2 p.m.  After that, there were a couple of hours before the event actually started, but when it did, it was very exciting.   Once the event began, Mayor Michael Coleman and Senator Sherrod Brown both gave enthusiastic speeches.  Their speeches got the crowd very energetic and excited for the president’s speech.
            When Will.i.am came out, the crowd started to get very excited.  Unfortunately, he was stationed in a DJ booth that was located where no one in the crowd was able to see him.  This caused a bit of obvious disappointment, but the music definitely changed the atmosphere. Everyone in the crowd was beginning to get very eager as the anticipation was rising.
Finally, the president came out to speak, and gave a wonderful campaign speech, filled with inspiring words.  He was very eloquent and the speech was motivational.  The uproar of the crowd was at an all time high, and everyone was shoving their way to the front.  Many people were pulling out their cell phones, cameras and other devices to capture the moment on film.  Despite the technical difficulties, and the rowdiness of the crowd, I had a wonderful time at this event.  To read my tweets, check out my twitter page, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment